PRESS RELEASE (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE)
Shake, Rattle and Roll With New BoinxTV 1.8 Release
Version 1.8 features the brand new Chroma Keyer Pro filter for better keying quality; screencasts of iPhone and iPad apps pop with new LibOrientator technology for controlling the on-screen 3D position of your iPhone or iPad directly inside BoinxTV layers
Puchheim, Germany – June 8, 2011 – Boinx Software is pleased to announce the latest version of its award-winning live video production software, BoinxTV 1.8, introducing the powerful new Chroma Key Pro filter and the new LibOrientator technology. The new Chroma Key Pro delivers better video quality working with green screens in professionally lit or controlled backgrounds. Brand new LibOrientator technology transmits readouts of the sensors in your iPhone® or iPad® directly into your BoinxTV layers, allowing for real time control of on-screen objects in BoinxTV. “The BoinxTV 1.8 release offers new, unique, and creative tools, especially for producing cool screencasts, training videos and reviews of iPad/iPhone apps. What makes BoinxTV so unique is the production in real time, saving video producers hours of editing and special effects work," comments Oliver Breidenbach, CEO, Boinx Software. "It really takes screencast and video production to a whole new level."
LibOrientator Takes Screencasts to Next Dimension
Simply download the Orientator app from the iPhone App Store on your iPhone or iPad 2, connect to your computer via Wifi, transmit the video signal using either an Apple® Digital AV, VGA or Video adapter and the device will appear as a floating layer on screen in your BoinxTV broadcasts for dynamic, motion controlled demos of your favorite iOS apps. Whether you are tilting your iPad 2 to the right to speed around sharp curves in your favorite racing game, or moving your iPhone in a circular pattern for 360 degree photos with your You Gotta See This app, the LibOrientator technology tracks your every move on screen in BoinxTV for stellar screencasts, video reviews or product demos. See a demo video here.
"Developers can easily integrate the LibOrientator library into their apps. However, if you do not have access to the source code, simply tap an iPhone 4, running the Orientator app, to the iPad 2 running the app you want to demo, hook the iPad 2 to your Mac via video cables and you are ready to create demos that rock," says Oliver. "Using all your devices, iPhone, iPad and Mac together in this unique new way illustrates how the best of every device can be combined to create amazing results. And the process is really fun!"
LibOrientator technology has been included in a number of new BoinxTV layers. For the iPhone/iPad app demos and tutorials, there are the iOS Device Demo 3D and iOS Device Demo layers, which display a 3D model of an iPhone or iPad where the video from the device is projected on the model's display. The data from the Orientator app is used to remotely control the 3D position of the model on the BoinxTV screen matching the movement of the real device. An Apple Design Award layer commemorates BoinxTV’s Apple Design Award of 2009 and is included for demo purposes. A Google Maps layer shows a map centered on the GPS position of the iOS device running Orientator app. See the LibOrientator website here for details.
Chroma Key Pro Takes Color to New Levels
BoinxTV 1.8 also includes the new Chroma Key Pro filter which delivers much higher image quality when used with a well lit backdrop. The key is much crisper and the resulting video is sharper. The blending of edges and background is greatly improved, and there are fewer spills than with the previously standard chroma keyer. "Chroma Key Basic," the standard filter, is still included for the more ad-hoc situations where lighting and color of the backdrop are not optimal. Both chroma key filters now include a quick mask feature that allows the user to cut off areas of the video where the green screen backdrop is not present or not working well due to lighting conditions.
Version 1.8 Various Fixes and Improvements
BoinxTV 1.8 continues to improve on performance and stability. Several layers have been updated with new settings, and a new Twitpic layer shows photos that people post to the popular Twitter photo service. BoinxTV 1.8 also now features iMedia Browser version 2, which results in better performance and lower memory consumption when adding media from the supported libraries to BoinxTV documents.
BoinxTV, winner of the Apple Design Award 2009, is a revolutionary tool for Mac OS X for creating Live to Disk, Live to Internet, and Live to Stage video. With BoinxTV, you can create stunning studio shows, podcasts, sports events, concerts, interviews, sermons, lectures, seminars and more, using your Mac and multiple cameras. Acting like your own personal TV truck – minus the truck - BoinxTV combines live camera video, clips, photos, 3D graphics, lower thirds, audio, and more to create stunning broadcasts with a professional touch in minimum post-production time.
Availability and Pricing
BoinxTV 1.8 is available as a free update for existing BoinxTV users at www.boinx.com/download or via the Mac App Store. A free demo license enables BoinxTV for 30 days. The single license of BoinxTV is available for $499 at the Boinx Kagi Store or via the Mac App Store. BoinxTV Home is available exclusively at the Mac App Store for $49.99. For education and volume licensing (multi-seat) of BoinxTV, please contact email@example.com.
About Boinx Software
Boinx Software Ltd. is located in Puchheim, near Munich, Germany. Boinx Software develops award-winning animation, video production and photography software for the Mac platform and iOS devices including the iPhone, iPad and iPod. Boinx iStopMotion is the leading solution for stop motion animation and time lapse capture and won the O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Award in 2003. Boinx FotoMagico, winner of two Apple Design Awards—“Best Mac OS X Leopard Graphics and Media Application Runner‐up 2008” and “Best Mac OS X User Experience Runner‐up 2006,” is a presentation tool for professional photographers. BoinxTV, winner of the “Apple Design Award 2009,” is revolutionary live production software that turns any Mac into a TV studio. Boinx PhotoPresenter, winner of the Apple Design Award 2005 “Best Mac OS X Student Product,” is a quick slideshow tool with a variety of pre‐built templates. Boinx Mouseposé is the indispensable mouse pointer-highlighting tool for users developing presentations, training or demos. “You Gotta See This!” is Boinx’s very first iPhone 4 app that works off of 4th generation gyroscope technology to create amazing 360-degree photo collages. LightLoupe, Boinx’s first iPad application, provides photographers with an on-the-spot analysis of the technical quality of their photos and VGA connection capabilities for viewing photos on the big screen.
For more information please visit www.boinx.com.
Zazil Media Group
(cell) +1 617.817.6595
(fax) +1 617.812.7683
- Dec 19 iStopMotion 3.5 Now Supports Canon DSLR Live View
- Dec 12 Spread Holiday Cheer With Updated FotoMagico 4.4
- Dec 11 Learning and Animating on the iPad with “iPad Animation” and iStopMotion for iPad
- Oct 28 Next version of iStopMotion to support Canon DSLR live view – Beta Test now Open
- Oct 15 Become a GIFted Animator With iStopMotion
- Sep 30 Get Right to the Point With PhotoPresenter 2 for iOS
- Sep 09 Tell, But Don’t Show All, With PhotoPresenter for iOS
- Aug 16 Celebrate Good Times With Boinx Sommerfest
- Jun 19 The Report Cards Are In: New iStopMotion for iPad and BoinxTV Releases Make The Grade
- May 29 iStopMotion for iPad 2.1 Updated with WebDAV Support and Push Notifications
- May 17 Turn Your Computer Screen Into a Movie Set With iStopMotion 3.1
- Apr 10 Clean Up Your Sandbox
- Mar 05 You Gotta See This! Version 3 Photo Collage App Creates Better Images, Now With Support for the iPhone 5
- Feb 22 Indulge in the Season of the Carnival and (Un-)Mask Your Creative Prowess
- Dec 19 iStopMotion for iPad 2 Is Here and You’re Going to Like the Sound of It
- Dec 14 FotoMagico 4.1: Free Update Keeps Track Of Your Media Assets
- Nov 02 MEDIA ALERT: iStopMotion for iPad 1.5 Makes Nice with the iPad mini
- Oct 10 Add a New Layer of Magic to Your Slideshows with FotoMagico 4
- Aug 22 iStopMotion 3 Launches With Support For Using iPhone as a Camera
- Aug 07 Sneak Peek: FotoMagico 4 Now in Public Beta
- Jun 14 Opening Night at the New iStopMotion for iPad 1.4 Theater
- Apr 10 iStopMotion for iPad 1.3 Updated to Sport Image Capturing Via Headset Control and More Language Localization
- Mar 15 iStopMotion for iPad 1.2 Optimized for the New iPad
- Mar 06 iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 Speeds Up Just in Time For Spring
- Jan 30 iStopMotion for iPad Wins Big at Macworld | iWorld 2012
- Dec 15 iStopMotion for iPad Makes Storytelling Magical
- Jun 21 Boinx iStopMotion Clicks Ahead to Version 2.8
- Jun 16 Fotomagico Makes Stylish Transition to Version 3.8
- Jun 08 Shake, Rattle and Roll With New BoinxTV 1.8 Release
- Mar 17 Middle School Students Turn Classroom Into TV Studio: Munich International School Goes Live with BoinxTV
- Mar 15 iPad 2 and You Gotta See This! Capture Life's Adventures
- Feb 28 PhotoPresenter Gets Social with Facebook Integration
- Feb 16 App Store Features You Gotta See This! 1.4
- Jan 27 Live from the Mac App Store... It's BoinxTV Home!
- Jan 19 Boinx Software Announces Mouseposé for the Mac App Store
- Jan 13 You Gotta See This! 1.2 Hits the iPhone App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces iStopMotion for the Mac App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces FotoMagico Home for the Mac App Store
- Dec 07 Boinx teams up with Nikolaus to help spread holiday cheer
- Nov 18 iStopMotion, meet Tilt Shift
- Oct 28 PhotoBox preps for its iPad debut: Capture the essence of your images for free
- Oct 27 "You Gotta See This!" rocks iPod touch 4th generation
- Oct 14 Boinx Engineers Roll Out FotoMagico 3.6: Creative Storytelling At It's Finest
- Aug 26 Photokina 2010 hits the airwaves with BoinxTV
- Aug 25 Boinx Software joins Apple App Store Volume Puchase Program
- Jul 23 Boinx Software Says: "You Gotta See This!"
- Jun 23 Boinx Software Goes to the Head of the Class
- Jun 07 FotoMagico 3.5 Makes a Leap to the Big Screen
- May 27 Boinx Software To Showcase Latest Creative Ingenuities For The Mac Platform At First Annual Boston SuperMeet
- Apr 13 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.2 Public Beta
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.1
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases PhotoPresenter 4
- Feb 11 Macworld goes BoinxTV
- Jan 05 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.5
- Nov 04 Boinx Software releases iStopMotion 2.1
- Sep 25 BoinxTV moves to Snow Leopard
- Sep 10 Boinx Software certiﬁes Matrox MXO and MXO2 with BoinxTV
- Aug 14 Boinx FxTiles ready for Apple Final Cut Pro 7
- Aug 05 Recording of iPhoneDevCamp live stream now available
- Jun 10 BoinxTV wins Apple Design Award 2009
- May 26 Boinx Software announces availability of FotoMagico Remote for iPhone & iPod touch
- May 14 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.3
- May 12 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3
- Apr 22 Boinx Software joins Noise Industries development partner program; releases FxTiles FxPack at NAB 2009
- Apr 02 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.2
- Mar 05 Boinx Software invites everyone to free Live-Webinars
- Dec 08 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.1
- Dec 01 Boinx Software releases Mouseposé 3.1
- Nov 11 Boinx Software introduces BoinxTV 1.0
- Oct 23 Boinx Software announces FotoMagico 2.6
- Sep 02 Boinx Software acquires PhotoPresenter
- Jul 28 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 2.5
- Jun 13 Boinx Software wins Apple Design Award for FotoMagico
- Jun 06 Boinx Software supports iMedia Browser
- Apr 01 FotoMagico 2.2: Your PDEE (Personal Digital Export Expert)
- Feb 28 Mouseposé 3: Three Wishes Granted.
- Oct 31 iStopMotion 2.1: Leopard Benefits
- Oct 16 iStopMotion 2.0: Stop Motion Animation, The Next Generation (Ready for Leopard)
- Aug 22 FotoMagico 2.1: Color, iPhoto '08, iPhone, Apple TV, Web
- May 18 Boinx FotoMagico 1.6: Like Dancing with your Photos
- May 08 Boinx FotoMagico 2: Storytelling for Photographers
- Apr 10 Media Alert: Boinx Software to show off new products at NAB 2007
- Jan 05 Boinx FotoMagico 2 Public Beta: Standalone Slideshows and Screensavers
- Nov 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.8: Slide Shows for Aperture Users
- Oct 16 Boinx iVeZeen 2.2 Universal
- Sep 27 Boinx Mouseposé 2.5: Highlight the Action
- Jul 11 Boinx Mouseposé 2: It speaks for itself
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7 - Apple Remote Fernsteuerung und GarageBand nutzen
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7: Work with Apple Remote and GarageBand
- Jun 01 Boinx iStopMotion 1.10. Take (Apple Remote) Control
- Apr 19 iStopMotion 1.9.2: RAW fun
- Jan 11 iStopMotion 1.9: Like Christmas in January
- Jan 10 FotoMagico 1.5: Good Transitions happen
- Dec 15 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8.4 now speaks French
- Dec 02 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Xmas Calendar Dashboard Widget
- Nov 23 Boinx iStopMotion bei Application Systems Heidelberg
- Oct 20 New iPod, new iMac, new Boinx iVeZeen 2.1: One for all, all for one.
- Oct 19 New iPod: Real good slideshows with FotoMagico 1.2.5
- Sep 02 Boinx Software Newsflash: Meet Hermann, the German Mac geek
- Jul 28 PR-Newsflash: FotoMagico 1.2.4 hatches despite summer heat
- Jun 01 Press Info: iStopMotion catches imagination of UK education market
- Apr 28 Boinx Software Apps fit for Tiger.
- Apr 26 Boinx Mouseposé 1.2 - Give Your Mouse The Place It Deserves
- Feb 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.2 - Your Slideshows will never be the same again, again
- Feb 01 Boinx Mouseposé 1.1 - Your Mouse gets more attention
- Jan 11 Boinx Mouseposé - Does your Mouse seek attention?
- Jan 10 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8 - Let the puppets talk.
- Oct 27 Boinx FotoMagico wins O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest
- Oct 01 Boinx FotoMagico - Your Slideshows will never be the same again!
- Sep 27 Boinx Untitled App no longer untitled
- Sep 24 Boinx iStopMotion growing up - Version 1.5 adds high res support
- Jun 24 Give Boinx Untitled App a proper name and win.
- Apr 22 Tape it if it moves: Boinx iVeZeen 2.0 - new name, new version
- Mar 11 iStopMotion 1.3 adds secret tricks and multilanguage support
- Mar 02 MiracleSight: Your Magical Mirror - The latest iSight Toy
- Feb 24 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Mouseposé 1.3 goes Universal
- Dec 18 Totally Control Your iSight, Dude! (with iRecordNow 1.1)
- Dec 16 Santa has a new ride and brings iStopMotion 1.2
- Dec 05 Boinx Software introduces Electronically Distributable Christmas Gift Certificate
- Oct 30 Boinx iRecordNow 1.0 turns iSight into a digital camcorder
- Oct 29 Boinx iStopMotion wins first place in O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest / Version 1.1 released
- Jun 19 Boinx iStopMotion 1.0 available
- Jun 06 Boinx iStopMotion V1.0 Preview Release/Special introductory price