PRESS RELEASE (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE)
PhotoBox preps for its iPad debut: Capture the essence of your images for free
Latest concoction to roll out of Boinx Labs lets you analyze the technical quality of your photos on your iPad; view your shots on the big screen with PhotoBox's VGA connection capabilities
Puchheim, Germany – October 28, 2010 – Boinx Software, a multi-award winning developer of cool software for the Mac and iOS devices including the iPhone®, iPad™ and iPod®, is pleased to introduce its latest creation for digital photographers and photo enthusiasts – the PhotoBox iPad application. Designed as a tool for photographers on-the-go, PhotoBox analyzes the technical quality of photos imported from camera to iPad via the iPad Camera Connection Kit. The first of its kind, this breakthrough app provides photographers with an on-the-spot analysis of images in terms of exposure, focus, color, and overall look and composition. Post-shoot, photographers can connect their iPads to a VGA projector to show their photos on the big screen for a deeper analysis and critique. With a long history of developing image applications the Boinx team is taking a different path by offering its users the first version FREE. Working closely with early adopters on evolving its functionality, Boinx is developing PhotoBox into a photo app unlike any other.
"It is our goal that Boinx users will come to think of PhotoBox as their own personal photography assistant," comments Oliver Breidenbach, CEO, Boinx Software. "We have an exciting vision for PhotoBox and view the initial release as a springboard for early adopters to help define the tool. The feedback we can receive from professional photographers in the field will be invaluable – helping not only our team produce a higher-quality product, but also in the end helping photographers produce that perfect image. Our team is equipped with extensive experience in producing fantastic image applications, thus we have an arsenal of ideas up our sleeves to make PhotoBox truly shine. We look forward to working with our customers to turn PhotoBox into the ultimate photographer's assistant."Early Adopters: Help Mold PhotoBox into a Picture-Perfect App
The initial, free download provides photographers with an in-depth and invaluable on-the-spot analysis of each captured photograph, ensuring they leave their assignments or shoots satisfied with their images. PhotoBox serves as a guide to help adjust photographic elements on location, such as lighting, exposure and focus, while histograms show the tonal distribution across your image. The app will not only save photographers hours of precious time sifting through images in the studio post-shoot, but also the cost of repeated setup and travel to attain usable images. Breidenbach further comments, "Professional photographers, to photo enthusiasts, and everyone in between, will benefit from PhotoBox's extraordinary ability to produce an on-the-spot analysis of each and every captured photograph, ensuring they have captured the perfect shot."Analyze Your Shots on the Big Screen
PhotoBox comes complete with the capability to connect a VGA projector to your iPad for deeper analysis of image quality on the big screen. Different from a slideshow presentation of your images, where you have to wait for the image to appear and are only granted sequential access, PhotoBox allows you to simply tap on the image you'd like to view and it will appear instantly on the screen. The pan and zoom feature also translates to the big screen, in order for photographers to focus in on and dissect very specific image details. With PhotoBox and a VGA projector, your photos can truly be "larger than life."
PhotoBox Tips and Tricks:
- Enable masks for an in-depth view of dark and light areas.
- Tap to select an image and get the color and luminance histogram.
- Double tap to zoom in on an image.
- Use the buttons in the button bar to turn on the over and under exposure detection tool.
- PhotoBox allows users to view images in any orientation; in landscape mode, the RGB channel histograms can be combined and expanded into one with a simple two-finger pinch/zoom.
- While in View mode, a double finger tap and hold will zoom to 100%, giving users the ability to glance around the photo and immediately zoom out again after releasing both fingers.
- Attach a VGA projector using the VGA out cable to show your photos on the big screen. Pan and zoom while connected to the projector for an "in your face" view of image details.
To learn more about PhotoBox please visit boinx.com/photobox.Availability and Pricing:
PhotoBox is available today as a FREE download at http://itunes.com/apps/photobox.About Boinx Software
Boinx Software Ltd. is located in Puchheim, near Munich, Germany. Boinx Software develops award-winning animation, video production and photography software for the Mac platform and iOS devices including the iPhone, iPad and iPod. Boinx iStopMotion is the leading solution for stop motion animation and time lapse capture and won the O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Award in 2003. Boinx FotoMagico, winner of two Apple Design Awards—"Best Mac OS X Leopard Graphics and Media Application Runner‐up 2008" and "Best Mac OS X User Experience Runner‐up 2006," is a presentation tool for professional photographers. BoinxTV, winner of the "Apple Design Award 2009," is a revolutionary live production software that turns any Mac into a TV studio. Boinx PhotoPresenter, winner of the Apple Design Award 2005 "Best Mac OS X Student Product," is a quick slideshow tool with a variety of pre‐built templates. Boinx Mousepose is the indispensable mouse pointer-highlighting tool for users developing presentations, training or demos. "You Gotta See This!" is Boinx's very first iPhone 4 app that works off of 4th generation gyroscope technology to create amazing 360-degree photo collages.
For more information please visit: boinx.com.
Zazil Media Group
(cell) +1 518.588.6503
(fax) +1 617.812.7683
Zazil Media Group
(cell) +1 617.817.6595
(fax) +1 617.812.7683
- Oct 28 Next version of iStopMotion to support Canon DSLR live view – Beta Test now Open
- Oct 15 Become a GIFted Animator With iStopMotion
- Sep 30 Get Right to the Point With PhotoPresenter 2 for iOS
- Sep 09 Tell, But Don’t Show All, With PhotoPresenter for iOS
- Aug 16 Celebrate Good Times With Boinx Sommerfest
- Jun 19 The Report Cards Are In: New iStopMotion for iPad and BoinxTV Releases Make The Grade
- May 29 iStopMotion for iPad 2.1 Updated with WebDAV Support and Push Notifications
- May 17 Turn Your Computer Screen Into a Movie Set With iStopMotion 3.1
- Apr 10 Clean Up Your Sandbox
- Mar 05 You Gotta See This! Version 3 Photo Collage App Creates Better Images, Now With Support for the iPhone 5
- Feb 22 Indulge in the Season of the Carnival and (Un-)Mask Your Creative Prowess
- Dec 19 iStopMotion for iPad 2 Is Here and You’re Going to Like the Sound of It
- Dec 14 FotoMagico 4.1: Free Update Keeps Track Of Your Media Assets
- Nov 02 MEDIA ALERT: iStopMotion for iPad 1.5 Makes Nice with the iPad mini
- Oct 10 Add a New Layer of Magic to Your Slideshows with FotoMagico 4
- Aug 22 iStopMotion 3 Launches With Support For Using iPhone as a Camera
- Aug 07 Sneak Peek: FotoMagico 4 Now in Public Beta
- Jun 14 Opening Night at the New iStopMotion for iPad 1.4 Theater
- Apr 10 iStopMotion for iPad 1.3 Updated to Sport Image Capturing Via Headset Control and More Language Localization
- Mar 15 iStopMotion for iPad 1.2 Optimized for the New iPad
- Mar 06 iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 Speeds Up Just in Time For Spring
- Jan 30 iStopMotion for iPad Wins Big at Macworld | iWorld 2012
- Dec 15 iStopMotion for iPad Makes Storytelling Magical
- Jun 21 Boinx iStopMotion Clicks Ahead to Version 2.8
- Jun 16 Fotomagico Makes Stylish Transition to Version 3.8
- Jun 08 Shake, Rattle and Roll With New BoinxTV 1.8 Release
- Mar 17 Middle School Students Turn Classroom Into TV Studio: Munich International School Goes Live with BoinxTV
- Mar 15 iPad 2 and You Gotta See This! Capture Life's Adventures
- Feb 28 PhotoPresenter Gets Social with Facebook Integration
- Feb 16 App Store Features You Gotta See This! 1.4
- Jan 27 Live from the Mac App Store... It's BoinxTV Home!
- Jan 19 Boinx Software Announces Mouseposé for the Mac App Store
- Jan 13 You Gotta See This! 1.2 Hits the iPhone App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces iStopMotion for the Mac App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces FotoMagico Home for the Mac App Store
- Dec 07 Boinx teams up with Nikolaus to help spread holiday cheer
- Nov 18 iStopMotion, meet Tilt Shift
- Oct 28 PhotoBox preps for its iPad debut: Capture the essence of your images for free
- Oct 27 "You Gotta See This!" rocks iPod touch 4th generation
- Oct 14 Boinx Engineers Roll Out FotoMagico 3.6: Creative Storytelling At It's Finest
- Aug 26 Photokina 2010 hits the airwaves with BoinxTV
- Aug 25 Boinx Software joins Apple App Store Volume Puchase Program
- Jul 23 Boinx Software Says: "You Gotta See This!"
- Jun 23 Boinx Software Goes to the Head of the Class
- Jun 07 FotoMagico 3.5 Makes a Leap to the Big Screen
- May 27 Boinx Software To Showcase Latest Creative Ingenuities For The Mac Platform At First Annual Boston SuperMeet
- Apr 13 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.2 Public Beta
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.1
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases PhotoPresenter 4
- Feb 11 Macworld goes BoinxTV
- Jan 05 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.5
- Nov 04 Boinx Software releases iStopMotion 2.1
- Sep 25 BoinxTV moves to Snow Leopard
- Sep 10 Boinx Software certiﬁes Matrox MXO and MXO2 with BoinxTV
- Aug 14 Boinx FxTiles ready for Apple Final Cut Pro 7
- Aug 05 Recording of iPhoneDevCamp live stream now available
- Jun 10 BoinxTV wins Apple Design Award 2009
- May 26 Boinx Software announces availability of FotoMagico Remote for iPhone & iPod touch
- May 14 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.3
- May 12 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3
- Apr 22 Boinx Software joins Noise Industries development partner program; releases FxTiles FxPack at NAB 2009
- Apr 02 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.2
- Mar 05 Boinx Software invites everyone to free Live-Webinars
- Dec 08 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.1
- Dec 01 Boinx Software releases Mouseposé 3.1
- Nov 11 Boinx Software introduces BoinxTV 1.0
- Oct 23 Boinx Software announces FotoMagico 2.6
- Sep 02 Boinx Software acquires PhotoPresenter
- Jul 28 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 2.5
- Jun 13 Boinx Software wins Apple Design Award for FotoMagico
- Jun 06 Boinx Software supports iMedia Browser
- Apr 01 FotoMagico 2.2: Your PDEE (Personal Digital Export Expert)
- Feb 28 Mouseposé 3: Three Wishes Granted.
- Oct 31 iStopMotion 2.1: Leopard Benefits
- Oct 16 iStopMotion 2.0: Stop Motion Animation, The Next Generation (Ready for Leopard)
- Aug 22 FotoMagico 2.1: Color, iPhoto '08, iPhone, Apple TV, Web
- May 18 Boinx FotoMagico 1.6: Like Dancing with your Photos
- May 08 Boinx FotoMagico 2: Storytelling for Photographers
- Apr 10 Media Alert: Boinx Software to show off new products at NAB 2007
- Jan 05 Boinx FotoMagico 2 Public Beta: Standalone Slideshows and Screensavers
- Nov 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.8: Slide Shows for Aperture Users
- Oct 16 Boinx iVeZeen 2.2 Universal
- Sep 27 Boinx Mouseposé 2.5: Highlight the Action
- Jul 11 Boinx Mouseposé 2: It speaks for itself
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7 - Apple Remote Fernsteuerung und GarageBand nutzen
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7: Work with Apple Remote and GarageBand
- Jun 01 Boinx iStopMotion 1.10. Take (Apple Remote) Control
- Apr 19 iStopMotion 1.9.2: RAW fun
- Jan 11 iStopMotion 1.9: Like Christmas in January
- Jan 10 FotoMagico 1.5: Good Transitions happen
- Dec 15 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8.4 now speaks French
- Dec 02 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Xmas Calendar Dashboard Widget
- Nov 23 Boinx iStopMotion bei Application Systems Heidelberg
- Oct 20 New iPod, new iMac, new Boinx iVeZeen 2.1: One for all, all for one.
- Oct 19 New iPod: Real good slideshows with FotoMagico 1.2.5
- Sep 02 Boinx Software Newsflash: Meet Hermann, the German Mac geek
- Jul 28 PR-Newsflash: FotoMagico 1.2.4 hatches despite summer heat
- Jun 01 Press Info: iStopMotion catches imagination of UK education market
- Apr 28 Boinx Software Apps fit for Tiger.
- Apr 26 Boinx Mouseposé 1.2 - Give Your Mouse The Place It Deserves
- Feb 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.2 - Your Slideshows will never be the same again, again
- Feb 01 Boinx Mouseposé 1.1 - Your Mouse gets more attention
- Jan 11 Boinx Mouseposé - Does your Mouse seek attention?
- Jan 10 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8 - Let the puppets talk.
- Oct 27 Boinx FotoMagico wins O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest
- Oct 01 Boinx FotoMagico - Your Slideshows will never be the same again!
- Sep 27 Boinx Untitled App no longer untitled
- Sep 24 Boinx iStopMotion growing up - Version 1.5 adds high res support
- Jun 24 Give Boinx Untitled App a proper name and win.
- Apr 22 Tape it if it moves: Boinx iVeZeen 2.0 - new name, new version
- Mar 11 iStopMotion 1.3 adds secret tricks and multilanguage support
- Mar 02 MiracleSight: Your Magical Mirror - The latest iSight Toy
- Feb 24 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Mouseposé 1.3 goes Universal
- Dec 18 Totally Control Your iSight, Dude! (with iRecordNow 1.1)
- Dec 16 Santa has a new ride and brings iStopMotion 1.2
- Dec 05 Boinx Software introduces Electronically Distributable Christmas Gift Certificate
- Oct 30 Boinx iRecordNow 1.0 turns iSight into a digital camcorder
- Oct 29 Boinx iStopMotion wins first place in O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest / Version 1.1 released
- Jun 19 Boinx iStopMotion 1.0 available
- Jun 06 Boinx iStopMotion V1.0 Preview Release/Special introductory price