PRESS RELEASE (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE)
iStopMotion for iPad Makes Storytelling Magical
Have fun and be creative with your kids during the holidays at the breakthrough price of just 4.99 USD
Puchheim, Germany – December 15, 2011 – Boinx Software, a multi-award winning software developer for Mac® platform and iOS devices, is pleased to announce the availability of iStopMotion for iPad, a new addition to the widely popular iStopMotion family of products. Debuting at a special price point of 4.99 USD, iStopMotion for iPad sports camera overlay for visually orchestrating one exciting frame to the next, instant playback for instant smiles, a beautiful timeline, and export options that make sharing movie masterpieces with friends and family simple. iStopMotion for iPad also has a companion, iStopMotion Remote Camera, which lets movie makers use their iPhone 4/4S, iPod touch (4th generation) or a second iPad 2 to capture frames, expanding the creative possibilities.
“iStopMotion for iPad is so easy to use, your kids will master it before you do. Just watch them enjoy and be amazed at what they create,” says Oliver Breidenbach, CEO, Boinx Software. “Stop motion animation is the easiest way to tell a story in a movie. No need for talented actors, a big stage or even a script. Just make your toys the stars. With iStopMotion for iPad, we’ve turned stop motion animation into a fun activity for kids and adults alike… receiving immediate feedback and immediate gratification. And when you’re finished, you can proudly show off your work of art.”
"iStopMotion for the iPad gives me the tools I need to record and fine-tune time-lapse movies while staying within the iOS environment. Nice touches include being able to adjust frame rate (even after the movie has been recorded), onion skinning, grid lines, remote camera with iPhone 4S, time-lapse interval controls, and a variety of export choices. I was truly impressed with the quality of movies I could make with this software," says Derrick Story, professional photographer and publisher of the The Digital Story. "And since the software is compatible with iMovie, I have the flexibility to shoot scenes, then assemble them right on the iPad. First, I record the video in iStopMotion, then save the clips to the Camera Roll on the iPad. At that point, I can open iMovie on iPad and import those scenes for further fine-tuning. It's a fun environment for creating great content."
More than just fun, iStopMotion for iPad is educational too!
Parents who homeschool, K-12 teachers and technology instructors can easily add iStopMotion for iPad to the lesson plan and give students a hands-on learning experience that unleashes their creativity with the added benefit of learning life skills. Breidenbach adds, “While being tremendous fun, animating with iStopMotion for iPad effortlessly hones essential life skills such as communication, storytelling, teamwork, spatial coordination, time management and many more.”
All that you need in one stylish design
iStopMotion for iPad user-friendly features make it the ideal stop motion animation and time-lapse tool for people of all ages and skill levels. Feature highlights include:
See the changes unfold before your eyes with Camera Overlay
Stop motion movie makers can overlay the current live camera image with the previous one, visually assessing scene changes. This allows them to animate more quickly and with a higher degree of accuracy.
Instant Playback means instant gratification
The instant playback feature lets movie makers view their production before completion, enabling them to check their work at any time and benefit from seeing the fruits of their labor before they have even finished the product. No more waiting for the software to render – they just tap the play button to see what’s done so far.
A Timeline designed so you never lose your way
iStopMotion for iPad timeline is all about creativity. Beautiful in design and intuitive by nature, users always know where they are within their animation. With side by side frame views and quick two-finger swipe that takes users from start to finish, movie makers see their animation come together from the ‘Big Picture” perspective. For the novice movie maker, iStopMotion for iPad timeline provides the building blocks for time management and sequence organization; helping them achieve their movie vision one frame at a time.
Time Lapse control – slow things down to speed them up
For time-lapse movies, iStopMotion can be set to capture frames automatically at certain time intervals. Built-in controls allow users to adjust camera exposure and focus so the camera doesn’t automatically adjust to external changes – avoiding the dreaded flicker.
Share your masterpiece with the world
Easy-to-use export options allow movie makers to share their work via email or on YouTube. They can also export movies to their Mac or PC for further editing.
Want better angles and clearer image quality? Meet iStopMotion Remote Camera
A companion to iStopMotion for iPad, iStopMotion Remote Camera lets movie makers use iPhone 4/4S, iPod touch or a second iPad 2 to capture images, opening the doors for endless set scenarios. Small spaces and difficult angles to shoot can easily be managed thanks to the convenience of the iPhone or iPod touch. Plus, with the ability to shoot frames using the iPhone 4S’s high-quality camera, image clarity is top notch. iStopMotion Remote Camera connects devices to iStopMotion for iPad via Wi-Fi connection.
iStopMotion for iPad pricing and availability
iStopMotion for iPad is available now in the Apple App Store for a special introductory price of 4.99 USD.
iStopMotion Remote Camera for the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 4th gen iPod touch and iPad is also available now for free in the Apple App Store.
Press can download images here: http://boinx.com/press/media/.
About Boinx Software
Boinx Software Ltd. is located in Puchheim, near Munich, Germany. Boinx Software develops award-winning animation, video production and photography software for the Mac® platform and iOS devices including the iPhone, iPad and iPod. Boinx iStopMotion is the leading solution for stop motion animation and time-lapse capture and won the O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Award in 2003. Boinx FotoMagico, winner of two Apple Design Awards –“Best Mac OS X Leopard Graphics and Media Application Runner‐up 2008” and “Best Mac OS X User Experience Runner‐up 2006” – is a presentation tool for professional photographers. BoinxTV, winner of the “Apple Design Award 2009,” is revolutionary live production software that turns any Mac into a TV studio. Boinx PhotoPresenter, winner of the Apple Design Award 2005 “Best Mac OS X Student Product,” is a quick slideshow tool with a variety of pre‐built templates. Boinx Mouseposé is the indispensable mouse pointer-highlighting tool for users developing presentations, training or demos. You Gotta See This! is Boinx’s iPhone 4 app that works off of 4th generation gyroscope technology to create amazing 360-degree photo collages. LightLoupe for the iPad provides photographers with an on-the-spot analysis of the technical quality of their photos and VGA connection capabilities for viewing photos on the big screen.
Follow @boinxsoftware on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/boinxsoftware.
For more information please visit: http://www.boinx.com.
Zazil Media Group
(cell) +1 617.817.6559
(fax) +1 617.812.7683
Zazil Media Group
(cell) +1 617.817.6595
(fax) +1 617.812.7683
- Dec 19 iStopMotion 3.5 Now Supports Canon DSLR Live View
- Dec 12 Spread Holiday Cheer With Updated FotoMagico 4.4
- Dec 11 Learning and Animating on the iPad with “iPad Animation” and iStopMotion for iPad
- Oct 28 Next version of iStopMotion to support Canon DSLR live view – Beta Test now Open
- Oct 15 Become a GIFted Animator With iStopMotion
- Sep 30 Get Right to the Point With PhotoPresenter 2 for iOS
- Sep 09 Tell, But Don’t Show All, With PhotoPresenter for iOS
- Aug 16 Celebrate Good Times With Boinx Sommerfest
- Jun 19 The Report Cards Are In: New iStopMotion for iPad and BoinxTV Releases Make The Grade
- May 29 iStopMotion for iPad 2.1 Updated with WebDAV Support and Push Notifications
- May 17 Turn Your Computer Screen Into a Movie Set With iStopMotion 3.1
- Apr 10 Clean Up Your Sandbox
- Mar 05 You Gotta See This! Version 3 Photo Collage App Creates Better Images, Now With Support for the iPhone 5
- Feb 22 Indulge in the Season of the Carnival and (Un-)Mask Your Creative Prowess
- Dec 19 iStopMotion for iPad 2 Is Here and You’re Going to Like the Sound of It
- Dec 14 FotoMagico 4.1: Free Update Keeps Track Of Your Media Assets
- Nov 02 MEDIA ALERT: iStopMotion for iPad 1.5 Makes Nice with the iPad mini
- Oct 10 Add a New Layer of Magic to Your Slideshows with FotoMagico 4
- Aug 22 iStopMotion 3 Launches With Support For Using iPhone as a Camera
- Aug 07 Sneak Peek: FotoMagico 4 Now in Public Beta
- Jun 14 Opening Night at the New iStopMotion for iPad 1.4 Theater
- Apr 10 iStopMotion for iPad 1.3 Updated to Sport Image Capturing Via Headset Control and More Language Localization
- Mar 15 iStopMotion for iPad 1.2 Optimized for the New iPad
- Mar 06 iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 Speeds Up Just in Time For Spring
- Jan 30 iStopMotion for iPad Wins Big at Macworld | iWorld 2012
- Dec 15 iStopMotion for iPad Makes Storytelling Magical
- Jun 21 Boinx iStopMotion Clicks Ahead to Version 2.8
- Jun 16 Fotomagico Makes Stylish Transition to Version 3.8
- Jun 08 Shake, Rattle and Roll With New BoinxTV 1.8 Release
- Mar 17 Middle School Students Turn Classroom Into TV Studio: Munich International School Goes Live with BoinxTV
- Mar 15 iPad 2 and You Gotta See This! Capture Life's Adventures
- Feb 28 PhotoPresenter Gets Social with Facebook Integration
- Feb 16 App Store Features You Gotta See This! 1.4
- Jan 27 Live from the Mac App Store... It's BoinxTV Home!
- Jan 19 Boinx Software Announces Mouseposé for the Mac App Store
- Jan 13 You Gotta See This! 1.2 Hits the iPhone App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces iStopMotion for the Mac App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces FotoMagico Home for the Mac App Store
- Dec 07 Boinx teams up with Nikolaus to help spread holiday cheer
- Nov 18 iStopMotion, meet Tilt Shift
- Oct 28 PhotoBox preps for its iPad debut: Capture the essence of your images for free
- Oct 27 "You Gotta See This!" rocks iPod touch 4th generation
- Oct 14 Boinx Engineers Roll Out FotoMagico 3.6: Creative Storytelling At It's Finest
- Aug 26 Photokina 2010 hits the airwaves with BoinxTV
- Aug 25 Boinx Software joins Apple App Store Volume Puchase Program
- Jul 23 Boinx Software Says: "You Gotta See This!"
- Jun 23 Boinx Software Goes to the Head of the Class
- Jun 07 FotoMagico 3.5 Makes a Leap to the Big Screen
- May 27 Boinx Software To Showcase Latest Creative Ingenuities For The Mac Platform At First Annual Boston SuperMeet
- Apr 13 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.2 Public Beta
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.1
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases PhotoPresenter 4
- Feb 11 Macworld goes BoinxTV
- Jan 05 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.5
- Nov 04 Boinx Software releases iStopMotion 2.1
- Sep 25 BoinxTV moves to Snow Leopard
- Sep 10 Boinx Software certiﬁes Matrox MXO and MXO2 with BoinxTV
- Aug 14 Boinx FxTiles ready for Apple Final Cut Pro 7
- Aug 05 Recording of iPhoneDevCamp live stream now available
- Jun 10 BoinxTV wins Apple Design Award 2009
- May 26 Boinx Software announces availability of FotoMagico Remote for iPhone & iPod touch
- May 14 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.3
- May 12 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3
- Apr 22 Boinx Software joins Noise Industries development partner program; releases FxTiles FxPack at NAB 2009
- Apr 02 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.2
- Mar 05 Boinx Software invites everyone to free Live-Webinars
- Dec 08 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.1
- Dec 01 Boinx Software releases Mouseposé 3.1
- Nov 11 Boinx Software introduces BoinxTV 1.0
- Oct 23 Boinx Software announces FotoMagico 2.6
- Sep 02 Boinx Software acquires PhotoPresenter
- Jul 28 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 2.5
- Jun 13 Boinx Software wins Apple Design Award for FotoMagico
- Jun 06 Boinx Software supports iMedia Browser
- Apr 01 FotoMagico 2.2: Your PDEE (Personal Digital Export Expert)
- Feb 28 Mouseposé 3: Three Wishes Granted.
- Oct 31 iStopMotion 2.1: Leopard Benefits
- Oct 16 iStopMotion 2.0: Stop Motion Animation, The Next Generation (Ready for Leopard)
- Aug 22 FotoMagico 2.1: Color, iPhoto '08, iPhone, Apple TV, Web
- May 18 Boinx FotoMagico 1.6: Like Dancing with your Photos
- May 08 Boinx FotoMagico 2: Storytelling for Photographers
- Apr 10 Media Alert: Boinx Software to show off new products at NAB 2007
- Jan 05 Boinx FotoMagico 2 Public Beta: Standalone Slideshows and Screensavers
- Nov 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.8: Slide Shows for Aperture Users
- Oct 16 Boinx iVeZeen 2.2 Universal
- Sep 27 Boinx Mouseposé 2.5: Highlight the Action
- Jul 11 Boinx Mouseposé 2: It speaks for itself
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7 - Apple Remote Fernsteuerung und GarageBand nutzen
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7: Work with Apple Remote and GarageBand
- Jun 01 Boinx iStopMotion 1.10. Take (Apple Remote) Control
- Apr 19 iStopMotion 1.9.2: RAW fun
- Jan 11 iStopMotion 1.9: Like Christmas in January
- Jan 10 FotoMagico 1.5: Good Transitions happen
- Dec 15 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8.4 now speaks French
- Dec 02 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Xmas Calendar Dashboard Widget
- Nov 23 Boinx iStopMotion bei Application Systems Heidelberg
- Oct 20 New iPod, new iMac, new Boinx iVeZeen 2.1: One for all, all for one.
- Oct 19 New iPod: Real good slideshows with FotoMagico 1.2.5
- Sep 02 Boinx Software Newsflash: Meet Hermann, the German Mac geek
- Jul 28 PR-Newsflash: FotoMagico 1.2.4 hatches despite summer heat
- Jun 01 Press Info: iStopMotion catches imagination of UK education market
- Apr 28 Boinx Software Apps fit for Tiger.
- Apr 26 Boinx Mouseposé 1.2 - Give Your Mouse The Place It Deserves
- Feb 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.2 - Your Slideshows will never be the same again, again
- Feb 01 Boinx Mouseposé 1.1 - Your Mouse gets more attention
- Jan 11 Boinx Mouseposé - Does your Mouse seek attention?
- Jan 10 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8 - Let the puppets talk.
- Oct 27 Boinx FotoMagico wins O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest
- Oct 01 Boinx FotoMagico - Your Slideshows will never be the same again!
- Sep 27 Boinx Untitled App no longer untitled
- Sep 24 Boinx iStopMotion growing up - Version 1.5 adds high res support
- Jun 24 Give Boinx Untitled App a proper name and win.
- Apr 22 Tape it if it moves: Boinx iVeZeen 2.0 - new name, new version
- Mar 11 iStopMotion 1.3 adds secret tricks and multilanguage support
- Mar 02 MiracleSight: Your Magical Mirror - The latest iSight Toy
- Feb 24 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Mouseposé 1.3 goes Universal
- Dec 18 Totally Control Your iSight, Dude! (with iRecordNow 1.1)
- Dec 16 Santa has a new ride and brings iStopMotion 1.2
- Dec 05 Boinx Software introduces Electronically Distributable Christmas Gift Certificate
- Oct 30 Boinx iRecordNow 1.0 turns iSight into a digital camcorder
- Oct 29 Boinx iStopMotion wins first place in O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest / Version 1.1 released
- Jun 19 Boinx iStopMotion 1.0 available
- Jun 06 Boinx iStopMotion V1.0 Preview Release/Special introductory price