PRESS RELEASE (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE)
iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 Speeds Up Just in Time For Spring
The winner of Macworld’s Best of Show and Mac Observers Editors Choice Award gets major improvements, including faster image processing, Dropbox integration, and language localization; Available now at the introductory price of 4.99 USD, valid through March 17th
Puchheim, Germany – March 6, 2011 – Boinx Software, a multi-award winning software developer for Mac® and iOS, today announced a brand new update to its popular iStopMotion for iPad, which now features, among other improvements, accelerated image processing, Dropbox integration and language localization, beginning with German. Offered at the special introductory price of 4.99 USD, iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 will return to its regular price of 9.99 USD on March 18th. “iStopMotion for iPad made quite a splash when it debuted in December, and we are really proud to have won the Macworld Best of Show and The Mac Observer Editors Choice Award at Macworld | iWorld 2012. But we couldn’t rest on our laurels - we got right back to work upon returning to Puchheim to make it even better,” says Oliver Breidenbach, CEO, Boinx Software. “The capture speed is something we worked especially hard to enhance. Version 1.1 is a big improvement, most notably for time lapse recording. YouTube is a great way to share your animations, but we want to give people more options moving forward, beginning with Dropbox support in this release. And, although it is already available worldwide in English, we want to better serve local markets in the future, starting with German localization.”
iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 Improved Feature Highlights Include:
60-Fold Image Processing Speed for a Smaller Time Lapse Interval
By using optimized GPU algorithms, the image capturing speed was drastically increased. With image processing 60 times faster, the minimum time lapse interval could be reduced from three seconds to one second on the iPad 2, and from five to two seconds when using iStopMotion for iPad’s companion app iStopMotion Remote Camera on an iPhone 4/4s or iPod touch 4th gen.
More Possibilities for Sharing Masterpieces
Users can now upload their iStopMotion for iPad movies straight to Dropbox for sharing with friends and family or immediate access to their work of art on other devices.
Crossing Borders with Language Localization
iStopMotion for iPad is hitting the local scene with language localization. Now available in German, the app will become available in many localized versions, providing easier access for all stop motion enthusiasts.
Enhanced Timeline Capabilities Make Stop Motion Animating Easy
Users can easily duplicate a frame in order to slow down the animation without the need to set the same scene twice, or delete all frames of a clip to start fresh.
New Opacity Control Optimized for Touch Interface
Moviemakers can simply tap and hold in the preview area and a slider control appears. With the slider, users decide how opaque or transparent the ghost image appears, making it easy to distinguish the live frame from recorded.
…And So Much More! Additional Improvements Include:
• Improved image quality of all sharing options by using a higher data rate
• Added display of estimated result file sizes while sharing clips
• Certain presets removed from email sharing if resulting movie size exceeds 10 MB
• Battery level of Remote Camera in use now displayed next to the iPad battery level in the status bar
• New help overlay for the camera settings as well as information about missing focus control
• If Remote Camera denies connection, the previously used camera is automatically selected again
• Exported movies now contain a basic set of metadata
• Major under-the-hood improvements for less bugs and crashes and an overall excellent user experience
iStopMotion for iPad pricing and availability - special pricing ends soon!
iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 is available now in the Apple App Store for a special introductory price of 4.99 USD. Beginning March 18, 2012, iStopMotion for iPad will be priced at 9.99 USD.
iStopMotion Remote Camera for the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 4th gen iPod touch and iPad is also available now for free in the Apple App Store.
About Boinx Software
Boinx Software Ltd. is located in Puchheim, near Munich, Germany. Boinx Software develops award-winning animation, video production and photography software for the Mac® platform and iOS devices including the iPhone, iPad and iPod. Boinx iStopMotion is the leading solution for stop motion animation and time-lapse capture and won the O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Award in 2003. Boinx FotoMagico, winner of two Apple Design Awards –“Best Mac OS X Leopard Graphics and Media Application Runner‐up 2008” and “Best Mac OS X User Experience Runner‐up 2006” – is a presentation tool for professional photographers. BoinxTV, winner of the “Apple Design Award 2009,” is revolutionary live production software that turns any Mac into a TV studio. Boinx PhotoPresenter, winner of the Apple Design Award 2005 “Best Mac OS X Student Product,” is a quick slideshow tool with a variety of pre‐built templates. Boinx Mouseposé is the indispensable mouse pointer-highlighting tool for users developing presentations, training or demos. You Gotta See This! is Boinx’s iPhone 4 app that works off of 4th generation gyroscope technology to create amazing 360-degree photo collages. LightLoupe for the iPad provides photographers with an on-the-spot analysis of the technical quality of their photos and VGA connection capabilities for viewing photos on the big screen.
For more information please visit www.boinx.com.
Zazil Media Group
(cell) +1 617.817.6559
(fax) +1 617.812.7683
Zazil Media Group
(cell) +1 617.817.6595
(fax) +1 617.812.7683
- May 17 Turn Your Computer Screen Into a Movie Set With iStopMotion 3.1
- Apr 10 Clean Up Your Sandbox
- Mar 05 You Gotta See This! Version 3 Photo Collage App Creates Better Images, Now With Support for the iPhone 5
- Feb 22 Indulge in the Season of the Carnival and (Un-)Mask Your Creative Prowess
- Dec 19 iStopMotion for iPad 2 Is Here and You’re Going to Like the Sound of It
- Dec 14 FotoMagico 4.1: Free Update Keeps Track Of Your Media Assets
- Nov 02 MEDIA ALERT: iStopMotion for iPad 1.5 Makes Nice with the iPad mini
- Oct 10 Add a New Layer of Magic to Your Slideshows with FotoMagico 4
- Aug 22 iStopMotion 3 Launches With Support For Using iPhone as a Camera
- Aug 07 Sneak Peek: FotoMagico 4 Now in Public Beta
- Jun 14 Opening Night at the New iStopMotion for iPad 1.4 Theater
- Apr 10 iStopMotion for iPad 1.3 Updated to Sport Image Capturing Via Headset Control and More Language Localization
- Mar 15 iStopMotion for iPad 1.2 Optimized for the New iPad
- Mar 06 iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 Speeds Up Just in Time For Spring
- Jan 30 iStopMotion for iPad Wins Big at Macworld | iWorld 2012
- Dec 15 iStopMotion for iPad Makes Storytelling Magical
- Jun 21 Boinx iStopMotion Clicks Ahead to Version 2.8
- Jun 16 Fotomagico Makes Stylish Transition to Version 3.8
- Jun 08 Shake, Rattle and Roll With New BoinxTV 1.8 Release
- Mar 17 Middle School Students Turn Classroom Into TV Studio: Munich International School Goes Live with BoinxTV
- Mar 15 iPad 2 and You Gotta See This! Capture Life's Adventures
- Feb 28 PhotoPresenter Gets Social with Facebook Integration
- Feb 16 App Store Features You Gotta See This! 1.4
- Jan 27 Live from the Mac App Store... It's BoinxTV Home!
- Jan 19 Boinx Software Announces Mouseposé for the Mac App Store
- Jan 13 You Gotta See This! 1.2 Hits the iPhone App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces iStopMotion for the Mac App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces FotoMagico Home for the Mac App Store
- Dec 07 Boinx teams up with Nikolaus to help spread holiday cheer
- Nov 18 iStopMotion, meet Tilt Shift
- Oct 28 PhotoBox preps for its iPad debut: Capture the essence of your images for free
- Oct 27 "You Gotta See This!" rocks iPod touch 4th generation
- Oct 14 Boinx Engineers Roll Out FotoMagico 3.6: Creative Storytelling At It's Finest
- Aug 26 Photokina 2010 hits the airwaves with BoinxTV
- Aug 25 Boinx Software joins Apple App Store Volume Puchase Program
- Jul 23 Boinx Software Says: "You Gotta See This!"
- Jun 23 Boinx Software Goes to the Head of the Class
- Jun 07 FotoMagico 3.5 Makes a Leap to the Big Screen
- May 27 Boinx Software To Showcase Latest Creative Ingenuities For The Mac Platform At First Annual Boston SuperMeet
- Apr 13 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.2 Public Beta
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.1
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases PhotoPresenter 4
- Feb 11 Macworld goes BoinxTV
- Jan 05 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.5
- Nov 04 Boinx Software releases iStopMotion 2.1
- Sep 25 BoinxTV moves to Snow Leopard
- Sep 10 Boinx Software certiﬁes Matrox MXO and MXO2 with BoinxTV
- Aug 14 Boinx FxTiles ready for Apple Final Cut Pro 7
- Aug 05 Recording of iPhoneDevCamp live stream now available
- Jun 10 BoinxTV wins Apple Design Award 2009
- May 26 Boinx Software announces availability of FotoMagico Remote for iPhone & iPod touch
- May 14 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.3
- May 12 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3
- Apr 22 Boinx Software joins Noise Industries development partner program; releases FxTiles FxPack at NAB 2009
- Apr 02 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.2
- Mar 05 Boinx Software invites everyone to free Live-Webinars
- Dec 08 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.1
- Dec 01 Boinx Software releases Mouseposé 3.1
- Nov 11 Boinx Software introduces BoinxTV 1.0
- Oct 23 Boinx Software announces FotoMagico 2.6
- Sep 02 Boinx Software acquires PhotoPresenter
- Jul 28 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 2.5
- Jun 13 Boinx Software wins Apple Design Award for FotoMagico
- Jun 06 Boinx Software supports iMedia Browser
- Apr 01 FotoMagico 2.2: Your PDEE (Personal Digital Export Expert)
- Feb 28 Mouseposé 3: Three Wishes Granted.
- Oct 31 iStopMotion 2.1: Leopard Benefits
- Oct 16 iStopMotion 2.0: Stop Motion Animation, The Next Generation (Ready for Leopard)
- Aug 22 FotoMagico 2.1: Color, iPhoto '08, iPhone, Apple TV, Web
- May 18 Boinx FotoMagico 1.6: Like Dancing with your Photos
- May 08 Boinx FotoMagico 2: Storytelling for Photographers
- Apr 10 Media Alert: Boinx Software to show off new products at NAB 2007
- Jan 05 Boinx FotoMagico 2 Public Beta: Standalone Slideshows and Screensavers
- Nov 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.8: Slide Shows for Aperture Users
- Oct 16 Boinx iVeZeen 2.2 Universal
- Sep 27 Boinx Mouseposé 2.5: Highlight the Action
- Jul 11 Boinx Mouseposé 2: It speaks for itself
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7 - Apple Remote Fernsteuerung und GarageBand nutzen
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7: Work with Apple Remote and GarageBand
- Jun 01 Boinx iStopMotion 1.10. Take (Apple Remote) Control
- Apr 19 iStopMotion 1.9.2: RAW fun
- Jan 11 iStopMotion 1.9: Like Christmas in January
- Jan 10 FotoMagico 1.5: Good Transitions happen
- Dec 15 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8.4 now speaks French
- Dec 02 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Xmas Calendar Dashboard Widget
- Nov 23 Boinx iStopMotion bei Application Systems Heidelberg
- Oct 20 New iPod, new iMac, new Boinx iVeZeen 2.1: One for all, all for one.
- Oct 19 New iPod: Real good slideshows with FotoMagico 1.2.5
- Sep 02 Boinx Software Newsflash: Meet Hermann, the German Mac geek
- Jul 28 PR-Newsflash: FotoMagico 1.2.4 hatches despite summer heat
- Jun 01 Press Info: iStopMotion catches imagination of UK education market
- Apr 28 Boinx Software Apps fit for Tiger.
- Apr 26 Boinx Mouseposé 1.2 - Give Your Mouse The Place It Deserves
- Feb 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.2 - Your Slideshows will never be the same again, again
- Feb 01 Boinx Mouseposé 1.1 - Your Mouse gets more attention
- Jan 11 Boinx Mouseposé - Does your Mouse seek attention?
- Jan 10 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8 - Let the puppets talk.
- Oct 27 Boinx FotoMagico wins O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest
- Oct 01 Boinx FotoMagico - Your Slideshows will never be the same again!
- Sep 27 Boinx Untitled App no longer untitled
- Sep 24 Boinx iStopMotion growing up - Version 1.5 adds high res support
- Jun 24 Give Boinx Untitled App a proper name and win.
- Apr 22 Tape it if it moves: Boinx iVeZeen 2.0 - new name, new version
- Mar 11 iStopMotion 1.3 adds secret tricks and multilanguage support
- Mar 02 MiracleSight: Your Magical Mirror - The latest iSight Toy
- Feb 24 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Mouseposé 1.3 goes Universal
- Dec 18 Totally Control Your iSight, Dude! (with iRecordNow 1.1)
- Dec 16 Santa has a new ride and brings iStopMotion 1.2
- Dec 05 Boinx Software introduces Electronically Distributable Christmas Gift Certificate
- Oct 30 Boinx iRecordNow 1.0 turns iSight into a digital camcorder
- Oct 29 Boinx iStopMotion wins first place in O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest / Version 1.1 released
- Jun 19 Boinx iStopMotion 1.0 available
- Jun 06 Boinx iStopMotion V1.0 Preview Release/Special introductory price