PRESS RELEASE (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE)
iStopMotion 2.1: Leopard Benefits
Munich, Germany - October 31, 2007. iStopMotion 2 customers will benefit soon from new features introduced in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Features in Leopard will enable users to capture frames from multiple video sources simultaneously, connect HD cameras using Firewire, manipulate frames as they are captured, for example to adjust the color and create more interesting movies with Quartz Compositions as background and foreground for the animation.
iStopMotion 2.1 to utilise Leopard features
"New features in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard will directly benefit our customers in the immediate future," says Oliver Breidenbach, CEO of Boinx Software. "iStopMotion 2.1 will be the first of our applications to be optimised to take advantage of Leopard improvements." The application is scheduled to ship in late 2007.
"Mac OS X Leopard offers over 300 new features and advanced technologies, including Core Animation which helps developers easily create animated user experiences," said Ron Okamoto, Apple's vice president of Worldwide Developer Relations. "We're thrilled that developers like Boinx Software embrace Leopard's technologies and find ways to further improve the user experience for their products."
Connecting an HD camera through FireWire
Ever since the first HD camcorders came out, users wanted to connect them to iStopMotion through their FireWire connetions. With iStopMotion 2.1, Mac OS X 10.5 and a codec that Apple delivers with Final Cut Studio, iStopMotion 2.1 can capture frames off the MPEG2 data stream from the camera and use it for the live preview. MPEG2 licensing issues make the purchase of Final Cut Studio a requirement for this workflow. Connecting the HD camera via HDMI provides an alternative that does not require Final Cut Pro for HD capture on Mac Pro computers.
Using Multiple Video Sources
Another benefit of running iStopMotion 2.1 on Mac OS X Leopard is that users can now use multiple video sources simultaneously, for example capturing different angles of the same scene to only one computer. This way, the scene doesn't have to be animated twice to cover different view points.
Image Manipulation with Core Image Filters
Mac OS X includes a technology called Core Image which provides a comprehensive set of image manipulation tools, covering everything from image blurring to color correction. These Core Image Filters can be applied to the image when it is captured with iStopMotion 2.1 running on Mac OS X Leopard.
Availability and pricing
iStopMotion 2.1 will be available later this year from http://boinx.com/download. A built-in assistant will guide users through the process of aquiring the proper license. The update to iStopMotion 2.1 is free of charge to current iStopMotion 2 license owners at their current license levels. iStopMotion 2.1 Home is available for $49, iStopMotion 2.1 Express is available for $99 and iStopMotion Pro is available for $499 via Kagi. iStopMotion 2.1 Home is also available at the Apple Store. For all purchase options see http://boinx.com/istopmotion/buy.
Stop motion animation is the easiest way to tell a story in a movie. No need for talented actors. No need for a budget. No need for a script. Just some toys, a table top or a clear patch of carpet and a bit of fantasy get you started. And, according to our customers, iStopMotion is the best tool to get the story into your movie. Teachers love it because their students love it and create short masterpieces within a couple of hours. Parents love it because their kids have fun doing something worthwhile. Professionals love it because they can work much faster than with traditional film based methods. You will love it because you have never been more creative before.
About Boinx Software
Boinx Software Ltd. is based in Puchheim near Munich, Germany. Boinx Software develops and publishes fun and easy to use applications for the creative user. Boinx iStopMotion is the leading solution for stop motion animation and time lapse capture for your digital hub and won the O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Award in 2003. Boinx FotoMagico is a tool to create and present professional live photo slideshows and has won the O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Award in 2004 and an Apple Design Award 2006 - Best Mac OS X User Experience Runner-up. Boinx iVeZeen turns your webcam into a digital camcorder. Boinx Mouseposé is the essential mouse pointer highlighting tool for everyone doing presentations, trainings or demos and those individuals with huge and high resolution displays. Information about Boinx Software and its services can be obtained from its website http://www.boinx.com
- May 17 Turn Your Computer Screen Into a Movie Set With iStopMotion 3.1
- Apr 10 Clean Up Your Sandbox
- Mar 05 You Gotta See This! Version 3 Photo Collage App Creates Better Images, Now With Support for the iPhone 5
- Feb 22 Indulge in the Season of the Carnival and (Un-)Mask Your Creative Prowess
- Dec 19 iStopMotion for iPad 2 Is Here and You’re Going to Like the Sound of It
- Dec 14 FotoMagico 4.1: Free Update Keeps Track Of Your Media Assets
- Nov 02 MEDIA ALERT: iStopMotion for iPad 1.5 Makes Nice with the iPad mini
- Oct 10 Add a New Layer of Magic to Your Slideshows with FotoMagico 4
- Aug 22 iStopMotion 3 Launches With Support For Using iPhone as a Camera
- Aug 07 Sneak Peek: FotoMagico 4 Now in Public Beta
- Jun 14 Opening Night at the New iStopMotion for iPad 1.4 Theater
- Apr 10 iStopMotion for iPad 1.3 Updated to Sport Image Capturing Via Headset Control and More Language Localization
- Mar 15 iStopMotion for iPad 1.2 Optimized for the New iPad
- Mar 06 iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 Speeds Up Just in Time For Spring
- Jan 30 iStopMotion for iPad Wins Big at Macworld | iWorld 2012
- Dec 15 iStopMotion for iPad Makes Storytelling Magical
- Jun 21 Boinx iStopMotion Clicks Ahead to Version 2.8
- Jun 16 Fotomagico Makes Stylish Transition to Version 3.8
- Jun 08 Shake, Rattle and Roll With New BoinxTV 1.8 Release
- Mar 17 Middle School Students Turn Classroom Into TV Studio: Munich International School Goes Live with BoinxTV
- Mar 15 iPad 2 and You Gotta See This! Capture Life's Adventures
- Feb 28 PhotoPresenter Gets Social with Facebook Integration
- Feb 16 App Store Features You Gotta See This! 1.4
- Jan 27 Live from the Mac App Store... It's BoinxTV Home!
- Jan 19 Boinx Software Announces Mouseposé for the Mac App Store
- Jan 13 You Gotta See This! 1.2 Hits the iPhone App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces iStopMotion for the Mac App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces FotoMagico Home for the Mac App Store
- Dec 07 Boinx teams up with Nikolaus to help spread holiday cheer
- Nov 18 iStopMotion, meet Tilt Shift
- Oct 28 PhotoBox preps for its iPad debut: Capture the essence of your images for free
- Oct 27 "You Gotta See This!" rocks iPod touch 4th generation
- Oct 14 Boinx Engineers Roll Out FotoMagico 3.6: Creative Storytelling At It's Finest
- Aug 26 Photokina 2010 hits the airwaves with BoinxTV
- Aug 25 Boinx Software joins Apple App Store Volume Puchase Program
- Jul 23 Boinx Software Says: "You Gotta See This!"
- Jun 23 Boinx Software Goes to the Head of the Class
- Jun 07 FotoMagico 3.5 Makes a Leap to the Big Screen
- May 27 Boinx Software To Showcase Latest Creative Ingenuities For The Mac Platform At First Annual Boston SuperMeet
- Apr 13 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.2 Public Beta
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.1
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases PhotoPresenter 4
- Feb 11 Macworld goes BoinxTV
- Jan 05 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.5
- Nov 04 Boinx Software releases iStopMotion 2.1
- Sep 25 BoinxTV moves to Snow Leopard
- Sep 10 Boinx Software certiﬁes Matrox MXO and MXO2 with BoinxTV
- Aug 14 Boinx FxTiles ready for Apple Final Cut Pro 7
- Aug 05 Recording of iPhoneDevCamp live stream now available
- Jun 10 BoinxTV wins Apple Design Award 2009
- May 26 Boinx Software announces availability of FotoMagico Remote for iPhone & iPod touch
- May 14 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.3
- May 12 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3
- Apr 22 Boinx Software joins Noise Industries development partner program; releases FxTiles FxPack at NAB 2009
- Apr 02 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.2
- Mar 05 Boinx Software invites everyone to free Live-Webinars
- Dec 08 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.1
- Dec 01 Boinx Software releases Mouseposé 3.1
- Nov 11 Boinx Software introduces BoinxTV 1.0
- Oct 23 Boinx Software announces FotoMagico 2.6
- Sep 02 Boinx Software acquires PhotoPresenter
- Jul 28 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 2.5
- Jun 13 Boinx Software wins Apple Design Award for FotoMagico
- Jun 06 Boinx Software supports iMedia Browser
- Apr 01 FotoMagico 2.2: Your PDEE (Personal Digital Export Expert)
- Feb 28 Mouseposé 3: Three Wishes Granted.
- Oct 31 iStopMotion 2.1: Leopard Benefits
- Oct 16 iStopMotion 2.0: Stop Motion Animation, The Next Generation (Ready for Leopard)
- Aug 22 FotoMagico 2.1: Color, iPhoto '08, iPhone, Apple TV, Web
- May 18 Boinx FotoMagico 1.6: Like Dancing with your Photos
- May 08 Boinx FotoMagico 2: Storytelling for Photographers
- Apr 10 Media Alert: Boinx Software to show off new products at NAB 2007
- Jan 05 Boinx FotoMagico 2 Public Beta: Standalone Slideshows and Screensavers
- Nov 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.8: Slide Shows for Aperture Users
- Oct 16 Boinx iVeZeen 2.2 Universal
- Sep 27 Boinx Mouseposé 2.5: Highlight the Action
- Jul 11 Boinx Mouseposé 2: It speaks for itself
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7 - Apple Remote Fernsteuerung und GarageBand nutzen
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7: Work with Apple Remote and GarageBand
- Jun 01 Boinx iStopMotion 1.10. Take (Apple Remote) Control
- Apr 19 iStopMotion 1.9.2: RAW fun
- Jan 11 iStopMotion 1.9: Like Christmas in January
- Jan 10 FotoMagico 1.5: Good Transitions happen
- Dec 15 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8.4 now speaks French
- Dec 02 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Xmas Calendar Dashboard Widget
- Nov 23 Boinx iStopMotion bei Application Systems Heidelberg
- Oct 20 New iPod, new iMac, new Boinx iVeZeen 2.1: One for all, all for one.
- Oct 19 New iPod: Real good slideshows with FotoMagico 1.2.5
- Sep 02 Boinx Software Newsflash: Meet Hermann, the German Mac geek
- Jul 28 PR-Newsflash: FotoMagico 1.2.4 hatches despite summer heat
- Jun 01 Press Info: iStopMotion catches imagination of UK education market
- Apr 28 Boinx Software Apps fit for Tiger.
- Apr 26 Boinx Mouseposé 1.2 - Give Your Mouse The Place It Deserves
- Feb 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.2 - Your Slideshows will never be the same again, again
- Feb 01 Boinx Mouseposé 1.1 - Your Mouse gets more attention
- Jan 11 Boinx Mouseposé - Does your Mouse seek attention?
- Jan 10 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8 - Let the puppets talk.
- Oct 27 Boinx FotoMagico wins O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest
- Oct 01 Boinx FotoMagico - Your Slideshows will never be the same again!
- Sep 27 Boinx Untitled App no longer untitled
- Sep 24 Boinx iStopMotion growing up - Version 1.5 adds high res support
- Jun 24 Give Boinx Untitled App a proper name and win.
- Apr 22 Tape it if it moves: Boinx iVeZeen 2.0 - new name, new version
- Mar 11 iStopMotion 1.3 adds secret tricks and multilanguage support
- Mar 02 MiracleSight: Your Magical Mirror - The latest iSight Toy
- Feb 24 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Mouseposé 1.3 goes Universal
- Dec 18 Totally Control Your iSight, Dude! (with iRecordNow 1.1)
- Dec 16 Santa has a new ride and brings iStopMotion 1.2
- Dec 05 Boinx Software introduces Electronically Distributable Christmas Gift Certificate
- Oct 30 Boinx iRecordNow 1.0 turns iSight into a digital camcorder
- Oct 29 Boinx iStopMotion wins first place in O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest / Version 1.1 released
- Jun 19 Boinx iStopMotion 1.0 available
- Jun 06 Boinx iStopMotion V1.0 Preview Release/Special introductory price