PRESS RELEASE (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE)
iStopMotion 2.0: Stop Motion Animation, The Next Generation (Ready for Leopard)
Munich, Germany - October 16th, 2007. After over 2 years of development and a lengthy public test phase, iStopMotion 2 is ready for prime time and of course, Mac OS X Leopard. Features such as virtual stages, which allow an animator to place the objects into a prerecorded background, rotoscoping, where the animator loads in a video that guides him in the animation, the ability to record a certain number of frames in real time and support for HD cameras, take stop motion animation on the Mac to a whole new level.
Home, Express, Pro
iStopMotion 2 comes in three flavors, targeting different users. The Home edition is for the family, where the parents want to spend a great weekend with their kids. The Express version is for the serious hobbyist animator, with all the great stuff appreciated by pro animators at a reasonable price. The Pro edition is for the animator who makes money (or plans to) with stop motion animation. A special education edition with a multi-user license key is available for educational institutions.
"Our goal was to add new capabilities that appeal to professionals while keeping it so easy that kindergarden kids love to use it. It was an ambitious goal, but we think we achieved it with iStopMotion 2", says Florian Albrecht, responsible for iStopMotion's development at Boinx Software. An example for this is the chroma keying that provides a virtual stage. Kids can have their toys walk on the moon or explore a coral reef deep down in the ocean. Meanwhile the flexibility of the feature brings ambitious movie ideas into the reach of the ambitious hobbyist and the pro.
Taking a Cue
Instead of painstakingly planning your animation and creating an "x-sheet", simply load in a cue video to guide your animation. This video is displayed alongside the animation window or composed into the animation video transparently. Before this, one of the biggest challenges was to animate dialog and get the mouth movement right.
Sometimes it is handy to be able to record a sequence of a specific number of frames in real time. A pro customer requested this feature for quickly and easily creating zooms and pans with a motion controlled camera that they use to record cartoons.
Non-Square Pixels, Keyboard and Voice Commands
As video pixels are not square in many video standards like DV, support for non-square pixels ensures that a circle remains a circle regardless of video source or destination format. Keyboard and Voice commands are customizable. Animators can configure their own keyboard commands or attach a programmable keypad to create a control console.
Availability and pricing
iStopMotion 2.0 is available immediately fromhttp://boinx.com/download. A built-in assistant will guide users through the process of aquiring the proper license. iStopMotion 2.0 Home is available for $49, iStopMotion 2.0 Express is available for $99 and iStopMotion 2.0 Pro is available for $499 via Kagi. Updates from iStopMotion 1 DV to iStopMotion 2 Home are available for $10, to iStopMotion 2 Express for $60. Boinx is currently working with retail partners to bring iStopMotion 2 to store shelves in the US in early 2008. (Price quoted in US$ excl. sales tax or VAT as applies. Check the Kagi Store for quotes in local currencies). For all purchase options see http://boinx.com/istopmotion/buy.
Stop motion animation is the easiest way to tell a story in a movie. No need for talented actors. No need for a budget. No need for a script. Just some toys, a table top or a clear patch of carpet and a bit of fantasy to get you started. And, according to our customers, iStopMotion is the best tool to get the story into your movie. Teachers love it because their students love it and create short masterpieces within a couple of hours. Parents love it because their kids have fun doing something worthwhile. Professionals love it because they can work much faster than with traditional film based methods. You will love it because you have never been more creative before.
About Boinx Software
Boinx Software Ltd. is based in Puchheim near Munich, Germany. Boinx Software develops and publishes fun and easy to use applications for the creative user. Boinx iStopMotion is the leading solution for stop motion animation and time lapse capture for your digital hub and won the O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Award in 2003. Boinx FotoMagico is a tool to create and present professional live photo slideshows and has won the O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Award in 2004, an Apple Design Award 2006 - Best Mac OS X User Experience Runner-up and the MacGeneration Trophée in 2007. Boinx iVeZeen turns your webcam into a digital camcorder. Boinx Mouseposé is the essential mouse pointer highlighting tool for everyone doing presentations, trainings or demos and those individuals with huge and high resolution displays. Information about Boinx Software and its services can be obtained from its website http://www.boinx.com.
- Dec 12 Spread Holiday Cheer With Updated FotoMagico 4.4
- Dec 11 Learning and Animating on the iPad with “iPad Animation” and iStopMotion for iPad
- Oct 28 Next version of iStopMotion to support Canon DSLR live view – Beta Test now Open
- Oct 15 Become a GIFted Animator With iStopMotion
- Sep 30 Get Right to the Point With PhotoPresenter 2 for iOS
- Sep 09 Tell, But Don’t Show All, With PhotoPresenter for iOS
- Aug 16 Celebrate Good Times With Boinx Sommerfest
- Jun 19 The Report Cards Are In: New iStopMotion for iPad and BoinxTV Releases Make The Grade
- May 29 iStopMotion for iPad 2.1 Updated with WebDAV Support and Push Notifications
- May 17 Turn Your Computer Screen Into a Movie Set With iStopMotion 3.1
- Apr 10 Clean Up Your Sandbox
- Mar 05 You Gotta See This! Version 3 Photo Collage App Creates Better Images, Now With Support for the iPhone 5
- Feb 22 Indulge in the Season of the Carnival and (Un-)Mask Your Creative Prowess
- Dec 19 iStopMotion for iPad 2 Is Here and You’re Going to Like the Sound of It
- Dec 14 FotoMagico 4.1: Free Update Keeps Track Of Your Media Assets
- Nov 02 MEDIA ALERT: iStopMotion for iPad 1.5 Makes Nice with the iPad mini
- Oct 10 Add a New Layer of Magic to Your Slideshows with FotoMagico 4
- Aug 22 iStopMotion 3 Launches With Support For Using iPhone as a Camera
- Aug 07 Sneak Peek: FotoMagico 4 Now in Public Beta
- Jun 14 Opening Night at the New iStopMotion for iPad 1.4 Theater
- Apr 10 iStopMotion for iPad 1.3 Updated to Sport Image Capturing Via Headset Control and More Language Localization
- Mar 15 iStopMotion for iPad 1.2 Optimized for the New iPad
- Mar 06 iStopMotion for iPad 1.1 Speeds Up Just in Time For Spring
- Jan 30 iStopMotion for iPad Wins Big at Macworld | iWorld 2012
- Dec 15 iStopMotion for iPad Makes Storytelling Magical
- Jun 21 Boinx iStopMotion Clicks Ahead to Version 2.8
- Jun 16 Fotomagico Makes Stylish Transition to Version 3.8
- Jun 08 Shake, Rattle and Roll With New BoinxTV 1.8 Release
- Mar 17 Middle School Students Turn Classroom Into TV Studio: Munich International School Goes Live with BoinxTV
- Mar 15 iPad 2 and You Gotta See This! Capture Life's Adventures
- Feb 28 PhotoPresenter Gets Social with Facebook Integration
- Feb 16 App Store Features You Gotta See This! 1.4
- Jan 27 Live from the Mac App Store... It's BoinxTV Home!
- Jan 19 Boinx Software Announces Mouseposé for the Mac App Store
- Jan 13 You Gotta See This! 1.2 Hits the iPhone App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces iStopMotion for the Mac App Store
- Jan 06 Boinx Software Announces FotoMagico Home for the Mac App Store
- Dec 07 Boinx teams up with Nikolaus to help spread holiday cheer
- Nov 18 iStopMotion, meet Tilt Shift
- Oct 28 PhotoBox preps for its iPad debut: Capture the essence of your images for free
- Oct 27 "You Gotta See This!" rocks iPod touch 4th generation
- Oct 14 Boinx Engineers Roll Out FotoMagico 3.6: Creative Storytelling At It's Finest
- Aug 26 Photokina 2010 hits the airwaves with BoinxTV
- Aug 25 Boinx Software joins Apple App Store Volume Puchase Program
- Jul 23 Boinx Software Says: "You Gotta See This!"
- Jun 23 Boinx Software Goes to the Head of the Class
- Jun 07 FotoMagico 3.5 Makes a Leap to the Big Screen
- May 27 Boinx Software To Showcase Latest Creative Ingenuities For The Mac Platform At First Annual Boston SuperMeet
- Apr 13 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.2 Public Beta
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3.1
- Feb 11 Boinx Software releases PhotoPresenter 4
- Feb 11 Macworld goes BoinxTV
- Jan 05 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.5
- Nov 04 Boinx Software releases iStopMotion 2.1
- Sep 25 BoinxTV moves to Snow Leopard
- Sep 10 Boinx Software certiﬁes Matrox MXO and MXO2 with BoinxTV
- Aug 14 Boinx FxTiles ready for Apple Final Cut Pro 7
- Aug 05 Recording of iPhoneDevCamp live stream now available
- Jun 10 BoinxTV wins Apple Design Award 2009
- May 26 Boinx Software announces availability of FotoMagico Remote for iPhone & iPod touch
- May 14 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.3
- May 12 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 3
- Apr 22 Boinx Software joins Noise Industries development partner program; releases FxTiles FxPack at NAB 2009
- Apr 02 Boinx Software announces BoinxTV 1.2
- Mar 05 Boinx Software invites everyone to free Live-Webinars
- Dec 08 Boinx Software releases BoinxTV 1.1
- Dec 01 Boinx Software releases Mouseposé 3.1
- Nov 11 Boinx Software introduces BoinxTV 1.0
- Oct 23 Boinx Software announces FotoMagico 2.6
- Sep 02 Boinx Software acquires PhotoPresenter
- Jul 28 Boinx Software releases FotoMagico 2.5
- Jun 13 Boinx Software wins Apple Design Award for FotoMagico
- Jun 06 Boinx Software supports iMedia Browser
- Apr 01 FotoMagico 2.2: Your PDEE (Personal Digital Export Expert)
- Feb 28 Mouseposé 3: Three Wishes Granted.
- Oct 31 iStopMotion 2.1: Leopard Benefits
- Oct 16 iStopMotion 2.0: Stop Motion Animation, The Next Generation (Ready for Leopard)
- Aug 22 FotoMagico 2.1: Color, iPhoto '08, iPhone, Apple TV, Web
- May 18 Boinx FotoMagico 1.6: Like Dancing with your Photos
- May 08 Boinx FotoMagico 2: Storytelling for Photographers
- Apr 10 Media Alert: Boinx Software to show off new products at NAB 2007
- Jan 05 Boinx FotoMagico 2 Public Beta: Standalone Slideshows and Screensavers
- Nov 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.8: Slide Shows for Aperture Users
- Oct 16 Boinx iVeZeen 2.2 Universal
- Sep 27 Boinx Mouseposé 2.5: Highlight the Action
- Jul 11 Boinx Mouseposé 2: It speaks for itself
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7 - Apple Remote Fernsteuerung und GarageBand nutzen
- Jun 08 Boinx FotoMagico 1.7: Work with Apple Remote and GarageBand
- Jun 01 Boinx iStopMotion 1.10. Take (Apple Remote) Control
- Apr 19 iStopMotion 1.9.2: RAW fun
- Jan 11 iStopMotion 1.9: Like Christmas in January
- Jan 10 FotoMagico 1.5: Good Transitions happen
- Dec 15 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8.4 now speaks French
- Dec 02 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Xmas Calendar Dashboard Widget
- Nov 23 Boinx iStopMotion bei Application Systems Heidelberg
- Oct 20 New iPod, new iMac, new Boinx iVeZeen 2.1: One for all, all for one.
- Oct 19 New iPod: Real good slideshows with FotoMagico 1.2.5
- Sep 02 Boinx Software Newsflash: Meet Hermann, the German Mac geek
- Jul 28 PR-Newsflash: FotoMagico 1.2.4 hatches despite summer heat
- Jun 01 Press Info: iStopMotion catches imagination of UK education market
- Apr 28 Boinx Software Apps fit for Tiger.
- Apr 26 Boinx Mouseposé 1.2 - Give Your Mouse The Place It Deserves
- Feb 22 Boinx FotoMagico 1.2 - Your Slideshows will never be the same again, again
- Feb 01 Boinx Mouseposé 1.1 - Your Mouse gets more attention
- Jan 11 Boinx Mouseposé - Does your Mouse seek attention?
- Jan 10 Boinx iStopMotion 1.8 - Let the puppets talk.
- Oct 27 Boinx FotoMagico wins O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest
- Oct 01 Boinx FotoMagico - Your Slideshows will never be the same again!
- Sep 27 Boinx Untitled App no longer untitled
- Sep 24 Boinx iStopMotion growing up - Version 1.5 adds high res support
- Jun 24 Give Boinx Untitled App a proper name and win.
- Apr 22 Tape it if it moves: Boinx iVeZeen 2.0 - new name, new version
- Mar 11 iStopMotion 1.3 adds secret tricks and multilanguage support
- Mar 02 MiracleSight: Your Magical Mirror - The latest iSight Toy
- Feb 24 NEWSFLASH: Boinx Mouseposé 1.3 goes Universal
- Dec 18 Totally Control Your iSight, Dude! (with iRecordNow 1.1)
- Dec 16 Santa has a new ride and brings iStopMotion 1.2
- Dec 05 Boinx Software introduces Electronically Distributable Christmas Gift Certificate
- Oct 30 Boinx iRecordNow 1.0 turns iSight into a digital camcorder
- Oct 29 Boinx iStopMotion wins first place in O'Reilly Mac OS X Innovators Contest / Version 1.1 released
- Jun 19 Boinx iStopMotion 1.0 available
- Jun 06 Boinx iStopMotion V1.0 Preview Release/Special introductory price