by Oliver - Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - Permalink
After a very long time of pondering, we have finally re-enabled comments on our blog, the Boinx Chronicles. You can use your Disqus profile, Twitter, Yahoo or OpenID accounts to post. Facebook integration is coming soon. We are looking forward to getting in touch with you!
by Oliver - Monday, December 21, 2009 - Permalink
Boinx Software will be there for you at Macworld Expo 2010. We are bringing 7 people from Germany to San Francisco. This is your chance to meet our engineers, podcast gurus, tech support people and others and really get into our products.
by Oliver - Friday, November 07, 2008 - Permalink
January 6th - 9th, 2009, San Francisco Moscone Center
After a break of 2 years, Boinx returns to Macworld in January of 2009 with a 10x20 booth being the largest presence yet at Macworld. The booth is 5019 in the North Hall (see the North Hall floor plan), just next to the right of the hall entrance. The booth will be featuring primarily BoinxTV but of course there will be experts on site for all Boinx products.
by Oliver - Monday, March 10, 2008 - Permalink
Get ready to hunt some eggs! Select Mac indie developers have joined forces in a fun program starting this week. It's called the Easter mEgg Hunt. We've hidden some easter eggs around our site and if you find one and click on it, it will take you to a site where you can get 20% discount off of selected Mac apps. Enjoy hunting! Thanks to Houdah Software for organising this promo.
by Oliver - Thursday, January 03, 2008 - Permalink
From everyone at Boinx Software, we wish you a great 2008. May all your dreams come true and your plans come together successfully.
by Oliver - Saturday, October 27, 2007 - Permalink
Apple has finally released Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Boinx Software will provide updates of our products over the next couple of days to ensure full compatibility. Here is an overview of the current status and immediate action items:
- General Issues — All products using the built-in Kagi store (iStopMotion 2, FotoMagico 2 and Mouseposé 2) have an issue with printing and saving the receipt for your purchase. We will provide updates as soon as we receive a new module from Kagi. You can purchase licenses and you will receive an email with all relevant purchase data from Kagi.
- iStopMotion 1.x and 2.x — Both iStopMotion 1.10.3 and iStopMotion 2.0 already work nicely on Mac OS X Leopard. A maintenance release (2.0.1) resolving a few minor issues discovered after 2.0 will be out soon. If you are still using one of the FC versions of iStopMotion 2.0, this is the time to update to 2.0 final. Update: We have just identified a problem with printing flip books. Updates will follow.
- FotoMagico — FotoMagico 2.1.3 and up work nicely. If you are using any earlier version you need to update to version 2.1.3 before upgrading to Leopard.
- Mouseposé — Mouseposé 2.5.2 solves a cosmetic issue with the TalkThrough feature.
- iVeZeen — iVeZeen generally works great on Leopard. However, there's one caveat: When you record very short movies (only a few seconds long), it sometimes happens that the files end up being 2 GB large, even though the only should be a few MB. We never saw the problem when recording longer movies with more than 30 seconds. This seems to be a problem rooted in QuickTime and we are working with Apple to resolve it ASAP.
We have also released a number of Quartz Composer Patches. In general, Quartz Composer Patches developed for Tiger do not work on Leopard. This is due to good changes in the Programming Interface that make Quartz Composer Patches on Leopard much better.
- Line — The Line patch is no longer needed as Leopard now comes with an equivalent. Boinx Line 1.0 will remain Tiger only.
- SetStructureMember — SetStructureMember 1.0 is Tiger only. SetStructureMember 2.0 beta should work on Leopard and unless there are issue reports we will soon release it as final.
by Oliver - Thursday, May 03, 2007 - Permalink
iVeZeen 2.2.1 fixes an issue with QuickTime 7.1.5 where iVeZeen would stop recording after a couple of seconds.
by Oliver - Friday, October 27, 2006 - Permalink
A great product for use with iStopMotion, iVeZeen and a MacBook (Pro): The Huckleberry by Mungai Mirrors in the UK is a sort of periscope for the built-in iSight of the MacBooks. With it you can turn your MacBook into a camera for looking at things other than yourself. It comes bundled with iGlasses, another great product for use with iStopMotion and/or iVeZeen.
by Oliver - Thursday, October 19, 2006 - Permalink
Allison from PodFeet.com reviews iVeZeen: "Since I liked Mouseposé, I figured I should check out what else they have, and I found a really fun one called iVeZeen. [...] This little app has a ton of options you would never expect for $14." That is a nice way of putting it.
by Oliver - Monday, October 16, 2006 - Permalink